Imagine is the fastest-growing, most widely loved brand of outdoor activities in Greater China, with branches in Beijing, Shanghai and Taiwan.
Imagine activities are loved for their reliable, safe, exciting and quirky style, that never disappoints. The vision is to Inspire Development through Action and Adventure.
If you share our passion and fit any of the following profiles, come join the family!
Mainland Managing Partner - the Top Job
It takes a unique type of person to manage Imagine. You must you be crazy enough to know what it's like 'out there' doing outdoor sports, but square enough to really get into graphs, budgets, and other management roles. You must be childish enough to make kids laugh, but adult enough to handle serious matters of safety, risk assessments, insurance and safe-guarding. You must be sociable enough to network and negotiate like mad, but have no problem waking up at 6am for an activity. You must have spent years abroad experiencing how the outdoor world works in the West, but now committed to China, and speak fluent Chinese.
It's not every day someone like this comes along. So if this is you, raise your hand! You may have just found your ideal career path.
- An ever-increasing share of Mainland Profit
- A key player in a fast-paced and meaningful entrepeneurial adventure
- 15000 rmb/month base starting salary. Raised over time.
- Working visa, Accident Insurance, Annual holidays
- Free access to many outdoor locations and activities
- Fluent spoken and written Chinese and English
- A university bachelor degree
- At least two years experience in the western outdoor activity industry
- Experience and/or education in business management
- Likely to be able to stay for at least three years
- Specific outdoor sports skills, preferably instructor qualifications
Want to hold onto an active and adventurous lifestyle while following your professional marketing and sales career development path?
Imagine is on a path to become China’s most prominent outdoor activities brand. As Marketing and Sales manager, you will be the driving force behind a widely-recognised brand, aiming to inspire Development through Action and Adventure across China.
Roles will include writing and posting on all online and social media channels, organising promotional events, designing new marketing strategies, editing and updating the content on written material, phoning and meeting clients from international schools and companies, deciding how and where to distribute materials, creating merchandise, using WeChat as a major networking and sales channel, maintaining the brand image, utilising the founder's videos and outdoor adventures as a brand figurehead, securing sponsorship, and generally being responsible for the company's marketing efforts.
2 year contract
Working visa (must have a degree)
Starting Base Salary: 10,000 rmb
Commission on overall turnover of branch: Approximately 3000 - 10,000 rmb per month, after passing trial period. Further increasing over time according to the effects of your marketing - your imagination and effort is the only limit!)
Holidays: National holidays, + 5 days paid holiday in the second six months (10 in second year)
The chance to be involved in all kinds of outdoor activities as an assistant instructor or film-maker
Accident insurance provided
One return flight to visit home country provided in second year
Optional subsidised staff accommodation available for 1500rmb per month (sharing with foreign instructors, near the office, line 15 Sunhe)
- Excellent or native English
- Good Chinese
- A bachelor’s degree
- Marketing background (education and/or experience)
- At least one year in Beijing so far
- An intended commitment to Beijing for at least two years
- Passionate about action and adventure sports
- Very sociable, with a large network of contacts in the international community
- Preferred: Excellent creative computer skills such as presentation creation, video editing etc.
Full and Part Time Instructors (various)
Depending on your skill set, you could be directly involved in a range of exciting outdoor activities, helping to run camps, trips and adventures, or you may learn more about the management, marketing and organisation of the activities.
You can join us for any length of work, from occassional freelance/weekend work, to seasonal jobs of several months.
- Any combination (not all) of the following:
- Ski/Snowboard instructor qualification
- Outdoor bushcraft/survival skills
- Parkour skills
- Climbing instructor qualifications
- Experience leading team-building games
- Experience coaching sports
- Experience working with kids on camps, birthday parties and physical activities.
- Watersports/life-guard qualifications/experience
- First-aid trained
- Near-native English
You don't have to be able to do everything at first, and for many of these activities we can train you.
Pay varies from 400-900rmb per day depending on abilities, expereince and type of activity
Bi-lingual Chinese Assistant Outdoor Instructor and Office Team Member
Good with kids and love the outdoor sports lifestyle? Time to join a company that can give you the perfect opportunity to turn outdoor sports into a career!
In this job you will:
1) Assist foreign outdoor sport teachers on camps and trips, teaching activities such as Survival Training, Watersports, Parkour, Bubble Football, Camping and other adventures.
2) Help to organise the activities and communicate with parents and customers
3) Help with background work in the office when not away on activities, e.g. customer service, translation, marketing, purchasing and preparing equipment, booking transport, checking locations, creating proposals for clients, negotiating with partners, etc.
1) Excellent spoken and written English
2) A degree
3) Be great with kids and enjoy working with kids and teenagers (aged 7-18)
4) Have an outgoing, positive, energetic personality
5) Have some outdoor background, e.g. regularly go out doing outdoor and adventure sports. The more experience and skills the better.
5 days per week, full time role. Working half the time outside at activities, half the time in the office.
Working with a friendly team of young foreign and chinese staff
Starting salary is between 6000-9,000 RMB (gross), depending on skills and experience.
Full-time Activity Leader and Project Manager
As a full time project manager and instructor, you will organise and run many of the activities, according to your strengths. You will also be trained, to gain skills in new areas.
- 2+ years experience instructing outdoor sports
- Great with kids
- Near-native English
- Able to lead a wide range of the Imagine activities
- Able to 'Imagine' - to create brand new games, programs and activities.
Salary: 9000 - 16000 rmb/month, depending on qualifications, experience, season, days worked etc. Pay increases the longer you are with Imagine. For those coming from abroad, accommodation may be included, and we give assistance with the paperwork for the visa.
Managing Partner of Shanghai, Shenzhen or other Regional Branch
You will be given the exciting challenge of running a regional branch of Imagine. Depending on the region, the branch may be anywhere between fully operational or not yet started, therefore each region will require a different approach. However, all regions require the same entrepreneurial spirit and passion for outdoor activities!
Salary is very much dependent on the applicant and the region. As a general guide, the base salary will cover your general costs, but the real money will come in the form of a generous share of profits. That's right, you will be a partner, and therefore in control of your own success.
1) Fluent in spoken and written English and Mandarin.
2) Outdoor sports instructing background, the more the better. E.g. Bushcraft/Survival, Team-building, Sailing, Kayaking, Rafting, Parkour, Rollerblading, Camping, Climbing, Archery, Summer Camps etc.
3) Great with kids and a fun, active and creative personality to match the brand
5) Full range of entrepreneurial skills needed to run (and in some cases set up) a branch (inter-personal, managerial, computer skills, networking, negotiating, marketing, having great ideas etc.)
6) Willing to see this not as a job but as a lifestyle, and totally dedicate yourself to creating something great
7) Plan to be in the region for at least three years, and to see this as a long term business partnership rather than a brief experience.
8) Ideally already in the region, with a vast network of existing contacts and knowledge of the region.
If interested in any of these roles, please contact: